Fortune seeks a news editor
Time Inc. is seeking a News Editor for Fortune who will also work on its news desk with Time.com, Money.com and Fortune.com.
The ideal candidate is self-starting, creative and enterprising, with an ability to work with reporters and editors of all experience levels to conceive and execute ideas for breaking news coverage. Please note: candidates who apply must be willing to work one weekend day each week.
- Run Fortune.com, Money.com and Time.com’s breaking news coverage, including determining angles and stories to pursue, assigning reporters, and editing in a fast-paced, high-volume environment.
- Work with editors across Fortune, Money and Time’s newsrooms to generate ideas and ensure that they provide the smartest, timeliest coverage possible on the web each day.
- Run Fortune and Time’s homepages, including selecting stories and writing display copy.
- 1-3 years minimum experience as an editor or 3+ years experience reporting on breaking news
- An interest in aggressively covering the news and finding new ways to tell stories and break scoops online.
- The ability to work in a highly collaborative newsroom, often under intense time pressure.
To apply, go here.