Fortune seeks a lifestyle and tech reporter
The ideal candidate will have at least two years experience in a professional newsroom or be an entry-level professional with demonstrated contributions to a digital newsroom. He or she should have a passion for covering technology and lifestyle news — including food, health, travel, tips/tricks and more — but also the ability to report and write across a wide range of subjects, as well as a demonstrated ability to develop scoops of fact, analysis and ideas.
The job requires the ability to spot stories in real time and to cover them in a compelling and shareable way for Fortune, Time, Money and other digital audiences. The ideal candidate should be comfortable interviewing business leaders, covering developing news stories and writing features for the audience of a general interest news organization. To succeed in this position, a reporter will have to be a self-starter and excel at working on a team. This position includes one weekend day shift per week and also includes at least one evening or early-morning shift per week.
- Cover key figures in the lifestyle and technology spheres and craft original, short-form stories on tight deadlines
- Track emerging lifestyle and technology trends, while collaborating with editors
- Collaborate with teams across the newsroom to create multimedia stories that are optimized for search, social and mobile audiences
- Demonstrated experience breaking news
- Experience bringing stories to life through data, photo and video
- Experience covering lifestyle and technology stories
To apply, go here.