Fortune.com seeks news editor
Time Inc. is seeking a News Editor to work on its news desk with both Fortune.com and Time.com. The ideal candidate is self-starting, creative and enterprising, with an ability to work with reporters and editors of all experience levels to conceive and execute ideas for breaking news coverage. This position includes one weekend day shift per week and may include some weekday evenings.
- Run Fortune.com’s and Time.com’s breaking news coverage, including determining angles and stories to pursue, assigning reporters, and editing in a fast-paced, high-volume environment.
- Work with editors across Fortune’s and Time’s newsrooms to generate ideas and ensure that they provide the smartest, timeliest coverage possible on the web each day.
- Manage Fortune’s and Time’s Facebook and Twitter presence when working at night or on the weekend.
- Run Fortune’s and Time’s homepages, including selecting stories and writing display copy.
- 1-3 years experience as an editor or 3+ years experience reporting on breaking news
- An interest in aggressively covering the news and finding new ways to tell stories and break scoops online.
- The ability to work in a highly collaborative newsroom, often under intense time pressure.
To apply, go here.