Fortune.com seeks breaking news reporter
Fortune is hiring a Breaking News Reporter to write across Fortune.com and Time.com. The ideal candidate will have at least two years experience in a professional newsroom or be an entry-level professional with demonstrated contributions to a digital newsroom. He or she should have a passion for covering business, finance and technology news, but also the ability to report and write across a wide range of subjects, as well as a demonstrated ability to develop scoops of fact, analysis and ideas.
The job requires the ability to spot stories in real time and to cover them in a compelling and shareable way for Fortune’s and Time’s digital audience. The ideal candidate should be comfortable interviewing business leaders, covering developing news stories and writing features for the audience of a general interest news organization. To succeed in this position, a reporter will have to be a self-starter and excel at working on a team. This position includes one weekend day shift per week and may include some weekday evenings.
- Cover key figures in the business and technology sphere and craft original, short-form stories on tight deadlines
- Track emerging business and technology trends, while collaborating with editors
- Collaborate on the production of video, mobile and social content
- Demonstrated experience breaking news
- Experience bringing stories to life through data, photo and video
- Experience covering business and technology stories
To apply, go here.