Forbes seeks two associate content producers
Forbes Media seeks two associate content producers to support the Investing and Opinion channels in our Jersey City, New Jersey, office.
Producers are the lynchpin of the Forbes newsroom, working at the intersection of editorial (editors, staff writers and outside contributors) and internal teams including social, sales, product and digital production.
- Work on front lines of channel and section pages. Read and edit (as appropriate) the content stream on the channel (Investing: approximately 50 posts daily), (Opinions: approximately 15-20 posts daily) and overall site and correct editorial issues when discovered and report technical bugs.
- Train and support contributors on how to use and optimize Forbes publishing tools; facilitate communication between Forbes editors and contributors.
- Assist editors to find, recruit, and set up new contributors.
- Closely monitor and apply analytics that monitor traffic, trends and more to amplify stories and create new content.
- Collaborate with editors, staff writers and contributors to find original angles to news and enterprise stories; pitch story ideas.
- Update channel and section pages to keep them fresh and interesting.
- Fact check content for the magazine
- Participate in larger Forbes projects, including 30 Under 30, as a reporter and writer. Ideal candidate will also be encouraged to write occasional stories through his/her own Forbes blog.
- Run and grow the @ForbesPersFin social accounts and work with social team to highlight and promote channel stories.
- Stay on cutting edge of financial industries, including investing, banking, as well as personal finance beats; monitor breaking news
- Help launch digital packages like the tri-annual Investment Guide and the FinTech50 list
- Run and grow the @ForbesOpinion Twitter account and work with social team to highlight and promote channel stories.
- Stay on cutting edge of news and commentary; monitor breaking news and must-read sites, political press, social streams and more.
- Review op-ed submissions and get them approved and readied for publishing.
To apply, go here.