Forbes seeks deputy editor for leadership coverage
Forbes Media seeks a Deputy Editor, Leadership, to be a vital participant in our expanding newsroom in the era of social media. The Deputy Editor will work directly with the Leadership Editor and other editors, reporters, producers, and more in overseeing Forbes’ Leadership Channel for its audience of more than 30 million monthly visitors.
He or she will: identify, recruit, and manage freelance contributors covering a wide range of subject areas; monitor breaking news and come up with fresh, timely story ideas and angles to pitch to contributors; help ensure and maintain the high quality of everything published on the Leadership Channel; help administer channel social media accounts and email newsletters; work with our audience development team to monitor traffic trends and help staffers and contributors capitalize on them; have opportunities to write and report on Forbes.com and in Forbes magazine.
Ideally, a qualified candidate will have:
- Four or more years’ experience.
- Experience managing in a major online newsroom.
- Experience recruiting and overseeing freelance writers.
- Exceptional news judgment and proven ability at finding distinctive angles on major news events.
- Great headline writing skill.
- Familiarity with WordPress or similar online publishing systems.
- Familiarity with online metrics and audience tracking systems.
- Resourcefulness in working with text, photos, and graphics to create engaging interactive content.
- Superior energy, imagination, and resourcefulness.
- Both the robust spirit of a natural team leader and the interpersonal sensitivity of a diplomat.
To apply, go here.