Forbes seeks deputy business editor
Forbes Media seeks a Deputy Business Editor to be a leader in our expanding newsroom for the era of social media.
The Deputy Editor will work directly with top editors to identify, recruit and manage freelance contributors and topic experts across a range of industries to be part of our industry-leading contributor model. The editor should be a razor-sharp headline writer and have a patient bedside manner for coaching young reporters and expert contributors with little professional writing experience.
The editor will be responsible for managing and maintaining the quality content that has attracted a domestic audience of 35 million plus another 10 million international visitors. She or he will work in concert with staff editors, writers and producers to attack the news in real-time throughout the day, coming up with a continuous stream of fresh angles and new ideas. The job will provide opportunities for writing and reporting on Forbes.com and in the magazine.
Ideally, a qualified candidate will have:
- The energy and entrepreneurial spirit to raise the competitive metabolism of the entire newsroom.
- Experience managing in a major online newsroom.
- Deep familiarity with online metrics and audience tracking systems.
- Experience recruiting and wrangling large groups of freelancers.
- Great bedside manner and patience working with non-journalist expert contributors and a team-first work ethic.
- Exceptional news judgment and proven ability at carving out distinctive angles on major news events.
- Familiarity with WordPress or similar online publishing systems.
- Passion for getting scoops, crafting great headlines and doing what it takes to win.
- Flexibility to work with text, photos and graphics to creating engaging interactive content.
- 4-6 years of experience.
To apply, click here.