Forbes seeks assistant editor for Women’s Digital Network
The Women@Forbes channel seeks an Assistant Editor.
This person will work with Editors and Producers to recruit and manage a network of freelance contributors who write on a variety of topics, in addition to providing assistance on long-term projects. The job will also provide opportunities for writing and reporting. A strong social voice and passion for entrepreneurship a plus.
The Assistant Editor will support and drive content that helps women take their next step forward across topics, working at the intersection of editorial (editors, staff writers and outside contributors) and internal teams including social, product, analytics and live events.
- Work on front lines of editorial coverage. Read and edit (as appropriate) the content stream on the channel and overall site and monitoring any issues with the CMS
- Assist editors to find, recruit, and set up new contributors and manage contract process. Train and support contributors on how to use and optimize Forbes publishing tools.
- Write and post stories on Forbes.com as well as initiate ideas for new formats, collaborations and content that will engage our audience of millennial and entrepreneurial women.
- Facilitate communication between Forbes editors and contributors.
- Work with audience development to monitor traffic trends and help staffers and contributors to capitalize on it. Manage weekly report on analytics for edit meeting.
- Update channel home page and section pages to keep them fresh and interesting and special sections when required.
- Monitor news and alert staff and contributors to aid their coverage ability.
- Stay on cutting edge of women entrepreneurs and funders, millennial innovators and workplace diversity and leadership issues and principles; monitor trends, must-read sites, social streams related to helping women take their next step forward.
- Manage Women@Forbes social media, podcasts and newsletter, and assist on live events (e.g. Boss Moves Book Club, Mentoring Salons, Collab Days).
- Participate in larger Forbes projects, including 30 Under 30 as a reporter and writer.
- Build topic packages/landers and special sections on the fly to best showcase and exploit our work for the web site. Create photo galleries, graphics for stories and special reports / landers when appropriate.
- Collaborate with social team to highlight and showcase the work of contributors and staff.
- Participate in fact checking pool
- Bachelor’s Degree plus 6 months to 1 year of relevant work or internship experience in digital journalism or related field. Editing experience at college publication is a plus, as is writing experience.
- Hands-on experience with CMS, analytics, G Suite/Microsoft Office and social media platforms
- Be a motivated ideas person who would value contributing to the Women@Forbes Mission: To help every woman take her next step forward, because every step forward a woman takes is a step forward for all women, and the economy.
- Strong organizational skills and ability to multitask in a fast-paced environment
- Ability to work independently when required while at the same time operate efficiently in a team dynamic
- Strong oral and written communication skills and a keen eye for detail
To apply, go here.