Forbes seeks a senior editor for tech in San Francisco
Forbes Media seeks a Senior Editor to be a leader in our expanding San Francisco newsroom.
The Editor will be a strong journalist who can write pieces for Forbes magazine and Forbes.com while also leading and mentoring a team of writers in the Forbes San Francisco office. The editor will be responsible for managing and maintaining the quality content that has attracted a monthly domestic audience of 35 million plus another 10 million international visitors.
They will work in in concert with staff editors, writers and producers to attack the news in real-time throughout the day, coming up with a continuous stream of fresh angles and new ideas. The job will provide opportunities for writing and reporting on Forbes.com and in the magazine.
Ideally, a qualified candidate will have:
- The energy and entrepreneurial spirit to raise the competitive metabolism of the entire newsroom.
- 8-10 years of experience.
- Strong writer/reporter
- Deeply sourced in the tech industry.
- Exceptional news judgment and proven ability at carving out distinctive angles on major news events.
- Familiarity with WordPress or similar online publishing systems.
- Passion for getting scoops, crafting great headlines and doing what it takes to win.
- Flexibility to work with text, photos and graphics to creating engaging interactive content.
To apply, go here.