Fast Company seeks breaking news writer
Fast Company is looking for a full-time breaking news writer based in New York to cover fast-developing news updates in business, technology, creativity, and innovation. We’re seeking a creative thinker, imagineer, and all-around news junkie—someone who can quickly identify important stories and crystalize the main ideas behind them. The writer will primarily be responsible for updating our FastCoNews stream throughout the day with short posts that surface fresh angles on breaking stories and package them with catchy headlines, compelling charts, and infographics.
FastCoNews is a real-time, ideas-driven stream of information and analysis—a new way to consume news. It provides short-and-fast updates on the big stories our readers care about. The stream is an news-focused extension of Fast Company’s mission to chronicle companies and innovators who are discarding the old rules of business and changing the world.
This is a full-time freelance position.
This job is right for you if:
- You have excellent news instincts.
- You have experience as a news reporter who can turn around clean copy on a tight deadline.
- You have a knack for selling a story with smart, conversational headlines that grab the reader.
- You have experience with, or interest in, data visualization tools and enjoy telling stories with compelling infographics.
- You have the capacity to thrive in a fast-paced newsroom, both independently and as part of a team.
- You are an engaging and accurate writer who gets Fast Company’s voice and style.
- You never miss a deadline—even a short one.
To apply, please email a cover letter, resume, and clips to Marcus Baram at firstname.lastname@example.org.