Dow Jones Media seeks special projects reporter
Dow Jones Media is seeking a full-time reporter/editor for Special Projects and new products.
The ideal candidate should be a features junkie who always spots the angles everyone else is missing. We’re looking for someone curious, passionate and able to report, write and edit stories that people want to read and share. Experience with video is a plus.
Social media savvy a must.
- Find compelling, unexpected and smart money angles in personal essays and everyday features.
- Know when something is a long-form piece, a graphic or something else entirely, and is comfortable producing across all mediums.
- Move the needle on breaking pop culture stories in a way that appeals to our sophisticated readers.
- Obsession with writing stories or creating video or graphics that people will talk about.
- Write headlines like a boss.
- Be a leader in an ambitious newsroom by pitching the right stories while deftly handling assignments.
- Love a fast-paced, creative newsroom.
- At least 3 years reporting, editing or producing at a news organization
- Ability to work quickly and accurately
- Self-starter who works efficiently solo, happily in teams.
- Strong love for features, pop culture and personal finance
- Lover of social media. Yes, even Snapchat.
- Low drama, high impact attitude.
- Comfortable both taking and giving direction.
Applications should include a cover letter, resume, and up to five published clips.
To apply, go here.