Delaware Business Times seeks editor in chief
Delaware Business Times, a division of Today Media, has an exciting opportunity for an accomplished journalist and editor to lead its editorial team.
As the Editor, you’ll be responsible for producing top-quality content for Delaware Business Times bi-weekly print and daily online platforms, including the publication’s ancillary publications like Innovation Delaware Magazine and Book of Lists.
The Editor needs to have a thorough working knowledge of business in the First State to keep Delaware Business Times interesting, appealing and relevant. You will oversee a team of staff and freelance reporters covering specific industries, emerging business trends, regional implications of national news, economic development and government actions that affect business. Applicants must have exceptional news judgment and management skills and have experience covering local business news.
- Proven content editing and copy-editing skills.
- Ability to craft deftly reported and written feature stories.
- An aptitude and passion for business journalism.
- Ability to build strong editorial products that resonate with business readers.
- Strong instincts for understanding the needs of niche audiences.
- Deadline-oriented time-management skills.
- Bachelor’s degree in journalism, English or similar field.
- Experience editing, reporting and writing on business in Delaware would be strongly preferred
- 5+ years journalism experience, with at least 2 years of management experience
- Exceptional news judgment
- Exceptional communication skills
- Demonstrated leadership and management skills
Applicants must submit a cover letter in addition to a resume and other pertinent credentials. This is a full time position offering competitive salary and benefits.
To apply, go here.