Delaware Business Times seeks an editor
Delaware Business Times, a division of Today Media, has an exciting opportunity for an accomplished journalist and editor to lead its editorial team.
As the Editor, you’ll be responsible for producing top-quality content for Delaware Business Times bi-weekly print and daily online platforms, including the publication’s ancillary publications like Innovation Delaware Magazine and Book of Lists.
The Editor needs to have a thorough working knowledge of business in the First State to keep Delaware Business Times interesting, appealing and relevant. You will oversee a team of staff and freelance reporters covering specific industries, emerging business trends, regional implications of national news, economic development and government actions that affect business. Applicants must have exceptional news judgment and management skills and have experience covering local business news.
- Proven content editing and copy-editing skills.
- Ability to craft deftly reported and written feature stories.
- An aptitude and passion for business journalism.
- Ability to build strong editorial products that resonate with business readers.
- Strong instincts for understanding the needs of niche audiences.
- Deadline-oriented time-management skills.
- Bachelor’s degree in journalism, English or similar field.
- Experience editing, reporting and writing on business in Delaware would be strongly preferred
- 5+ years journalism experience, with at least 2 years of management experience
- Exceptional news judgment
- Exceptional communication skills
- Demonstrated leadership and management skills
Applicants must submit a cover letter in addition to a resume and other pertinent credentials. This is a full time position offering competitive salary and benefits.
Today Media is a regional media company that in addition to Delaware Business Times publishes four monthly lifestyle magazines including Delaware Today and Main Line Today, and more than 10 specialty publications, increasing our reach and impressions in a highly sought after upscale demographic. We also have a robust digital presence in all of our markets and create and host revenue-generating events.
Our territory includes Delaware, Maryland, Pennsylvania, New Jersey and New York. Today Media has the highest commitment to quality, service, integrity and team work. Today Media reaches millions of affluent consumers in a multi-platform environment.