CoStar seeks regional editors
This is a critical job. As a front-line editor, you will work with a team of reporters to deliver distinct, market-leading coverage to CoStar’s large and growing audience of real estate professionals. The ideal candidate will be able to plan and edit a steady stream of daily coverage while conceiving and executing our most ambitious enterprise, all expertly tailored for the web, email newsletters, social media and other platforms.
CoStar is hiring a number of editors and reporters to take our journalism to the next level. This is an excellent opportunity for an experienced journalist to make a mark and be a part of the next great media brand. Previous newsroom experience for a daily or weekly business publication is a definite advantage.
· Play a key leadership role in the newsroom by generating story ideas, planning, assigning and editing news content, ensuring stories are accompanied by appropriate art, overseeing news publishing schedules and editorial calendars; and supervising editorial staff and freelancers.
· Demonstrate sound news judgement and an ability to prioritize work in an often fast-changing environment.
· Work with data analytics and other tools to guide decision making.
· Manage a remote team of reporters who are dispersed in cities in the region
· Collaborate with other news editors in Washington and elsewhere to determine and prioritize news content and topics.
· Maintain calm under regular deadline pressure without compromising standards.
Skills and Qualifications:
· A proven manager capable of taking on a leadership role for a news team of highly experienced real estate reporters.
· Strong journalism background with proven writing and news editing skills, exceptional organizational skills and experience managing news reporters.
· Ideal candidates will also be experienced reviewing and editing a variety of news styles and formats, from straightforward hard news to profiles of industry leaders and longer, analytic pieces.
· Results oriented – with proven ability to prioritize, drive and achieve results through self and others while working to deadlines under pressure.
· B2B media experience preferred.
· Excellent headline and photo caption-writing skills, with a command of AP Style and a deep knowledge of SEO best practices.
· Ability to work within a team collaborative environment and manage both up and down management chain.
· Basic knowledge of HTML and social media.
· Master’s or Bachelor’s degree in journalism strongly preferred and several years of relevant news room experience.
To apply, go here.