Consumer Reports seeks senior digital editor
This role is responsible for generating, shepherding, packaging and optimizing content for Consumer Reports’ digital products, focusing on key content impact areas (CIA) such as Cars, Electronics, Health, Home, and Money.
The Digital Editor will partner with content and product leaders, as well as social media, SEO, business development and other key stakeholders to develop and produce digital content that is user-centric, on brand, current and relevant.
- Bachelor’s degree plus five years of experience in digital content production with demonstrated success in digital storytelling, story-editing, project management.
- Excellent editing and writing skills, editorial judgment, and strong understanding of journalistic principles. Technical knowledge of SEO/metadata/tagging.
- Solid command of latest Web content industry trends.
- Experience with a website/digital CMS; working knowledge of Adobe CQ and WordPress desired.
- Familiarity with analytics platforms such as SiteCatalyst, Google Analytics, and Chartbeat a plus, as are basic photo-editing skills.
- Able to work effectively under deadline pressures and in a highly collaborative and matrixed environment.
- Self starter able to handle all aspects of the position with minimal supervision.
- Excellent written and verbal communication and interpersonal skills.
- Takes lead role generating and shaping content ideas that work for digital, partnering with CR’s content development teams and at times other platform editors, such as video.
- Writes and edits stories for Consumer Reports digital properties in collaboration with content development teams.
- Coordinates with social media team to maximize impact of content.
- Works with SEO team to ensure content is optimized for search.
- Uses numbers and trends supplied by the analytics team to plan and program content.
- Programs Consumer Reports channel pages; pitches stories for homepage.
- Working with product and user experience group, conceives and executes new forms of digital storytelling including data visualization packages.
- Mines existing Consumer Reports content to produce new digital features.
- Creates and maintain photo galleries.
- Helps maintain digital calendar of content.
- Helps make content development team aware of digital best practices.
- Performs other duties as necessary.