Comstock’s seeks an associate editor
Comstock’s, named Best Business Magazine and Best Consumer Web Publication by the Western Publishing Association, seeks a savvy and skilled associate editor.
You will be a valued member of a talented and motivated team of artists, journalists and production experts who not only know how to do great work — we also know how to have fun.
This is a unique opportunity to become an essential part of the premier business publication for California’s Capital Region, which includes Sacramento and the nine surrounding counties. Comstock’s is a multi-platform publication, so a working knowledge of both print and online media is essential. We offer a fast-paced work environment that demands innovation, teamwork and a keen attention to detail.
As associate editor, you will oversee our special promotional sections, which allow our clients and strategic partners the opportunity to tell their stories to our readers — both editorial voice and transparency are key. You will also be expected to be heavily involved with both our editorial web content and editorial print magazine as both an editor and writer.
If you have a unique combination of business and editorial expertise, we want to meet you!
- Collaborate across departments to identify and curate content for one special section per month
- Concept special section stories (4-5 per month) with editorial value that maintain client narrative
- Assign and edit special sections and online sponsored content
- Serve as second editor on all editorial web-exclusive content
- Serve as first or second editor on some editorial print departments
- Write 1-2 special section stories per month and write regularly for the website, with the potential to also write print features
- Firm grasp of AP style and journalistic storytelling
- Proficiency using Mac OS and Google Apps
- Familiarity with both print and online media
- 2 years of editorial experience
- MBA or
- Degree in journalism, english or communications, or
- Proven alternative that checks this box with a bold stroke.
This is a full-time position. Salary is $40K-$43K annually, depending on experience. To apply, submit a cover letter, resume and two writing samples to jobs [@] comstocksmag.com with the subject line: Let’s Get Down to Business.