Colorado daily paper seeks a business reporter
The Boulder Daily Camera and Longmont Times-Call newspapers in Boulder County, Colo., are looking for a full-time, aggressive, enterprising and inquisitive multimedia Business Reporter who will be able to juggle breaking news, multiple daily stories and briefs, data-based trend pieces and longer-term investigative projects. This reporter will cover all manner of business news out of the Boulder and Longmont areas.
We want someone who can report thoroughly and write quickly and clearly in high-pressure, deadline situations, as well as handle longer-term planning, development and execution of in-depth projects and series, including data reporting and analysis.
Furthermore, we are looking for someone with a full range of digital skills, with the ability to use social media and to shoot photos and video, and be willing and ready to learn and master the latest technologies to assist in newsgathering and storytelling.
- Degree in journalism, communication or equivalent experience
- The preferred candidate has at least two years of experience at a daily newspaper or online news outlet
- Relevant experience in news reporting and writing, shooting video, using social media, creating enterprising content
- Demonstrated analytical and problem-solving skills
- Strong reporting, writing, organizational and story structure skills
- Understands imperatives of emerging and existing platforms, including web, mobile and print
- Beats production deadlines
- Contributes to a positive culture of teamwork and collaboration
- Experiments with new digital tools and platforms
- Must be flexible to work weekends and holidays on a rotational basis as well as odd hours if necessary/news requires
- Must live in area or be willing to relocate (no relocation assistance offered)
Please send the following to City Editor Matt Sebastian at email@example.com
- Cover letter
- Links to public social media accounts
- Links to at least 3 writing samples