CNNMoney seeks writer for MoneyStream
The CNN Money team is looking for an Associate Writer who will play a key editorial role for our new app, CNN MoneyStream.
The writer will be responsible for programming the app, sending mobile alerts and working closely with designers, developers, product managers and the CNNMoney editorial team. The position focuses on companies, business personalities, markets, tech, personal finance and the economy. Be part of a team building a digital startup within CNN, the global leader in news.
What will you be doing?
- Discovering the most important and interesting stories of the day
- Writing amazing headlines, finding stunning visuals and sending engaging alerts
- Building CNNMoney’s mobile audience by inventing new ways to tell stories on a small screen
- Contributing to a high-profile new product.
- Collaborating with teams large and small to assist the growing CNNMoney newsroom.
- Covering breaking news
- Working closely with developers to implement creative new ideas
What do we need from you?
- Ideal candidates will have 1-2 years of writing and reporting experience.
- Strong research, interviewing and writing skills.
- Some knowledge of financial markets and a keen interest in investing, personal finance and business news.
- Interest in mobile storytelling
- Strong communication and interpersonal skills.
- Ability to work in a fast-paced, high pressure environment.
- Bachelor’s degree in Journalism, Television-Film Production, Communications, or related discipline or equiv. work experience.
To apply, go here.