CNNMoney seeks weekend editor
CNNMoney, CNN’s fast-growing digital platform for business news, is hiring a Section Editor/Weekends to play a key role in its New York newsroom.
Candidates should have a passion for news and an obsession with explaining the most compelling and important stories in business, money, the economy, markets and media. CNNMoney is the hub of CNN’s global business coverage and programming. This is an opportunity to be part of an exciting venture.
What will you be doing?
- Manage CNNMoney weekend team and run weekend coverage
- Work closely with CNN Politics and other CNN digital and TV teams in US and abroad to coordinate coverage
- Create, develop and edit content
- Generate story ideas
- Contribute to special features and stories
- May write stories
- Edit copy to meet established tone and theme requirements
- Enhance existing material
- Interact with internal and external peers and/or managers to exchange information related to assigned activities
What do we need from you?
- Ideal candidates will have typically have 6+ years of editorial experience
- Strong research and editorial skills
- Good knowledge of business news
- Strong communication and interpersonal skills
- Ability to work in a fast high pressure environment Bachelor’s degree in Journalism, Television-Film Production, Communications, or related discipline or equivalent work experience.
To apply, go here.