CNNMoney seeks editor for media/entertainment coverage
CNNMoney, CNN’s fast growing digital platform for business news, is hiring a Section Editor to play a key role in its New York newsroom.
The Section Editor’s primary responsibility will be as deputy to the editors of CNN’s Media and Entertainment unit, but will also include editing news and enterprise stories from other CNNMoney teams. Candidates should have a passion for news and an obsession with explaining the most compelling stories in media and entertainment, as well as business and money.
CNNMoney is the hub of CNN’s global business coverage and programming and is expanding. This is an opportunity to be part of an exciting venture.
What will you be doing?
- Work closely with senior editors of CNN Media + Entertainment team editing stories, working with reporters and planning coverage
- Work closely with editors on other CNNMoney desks (breaking news, personal finance, economy etc) to edit stories and work with reporters as needed
- Work closely with other parts of CNNMoney and with CNN digital and TV teams in US and abroad to coordinate coverage
- Create, develop and edit content
- Generate story ideas
- Contribute to special features and stories
- May write stories
- Edit copy to meet established tone and theme requirements
- Enhance existing material
- Interact with internal and external peers and/or managers to exchange information related to assigned activities
What do we need from you?
- Ideal candidates will typically have 6 + years of experience of editorial experience
- Strong research and editorial skills
- Good knowledge of business news
- Strong communication and interpersonal skills
- Ability to work in a fast high pressure environment Bachelor’s degree in Journalism, Television-Film Production, Communications, or related discipline or equiv. work experience.
To apply, go here.