CNNMoney seeks a senior tech editor
The Section Editor (Tech) will play a key role in the CNNMoney newsroom — finding, assigning and editing stories and managing a team of reporters covering technology. The Section Editor (Tech) will overseeing Tech & Media but work with other CNNMoney teams in the US and abroad.
What will you be doing?
– Identify, assign and line edit tech stories appropriate for CNNMoney – 40%
– Manage, mentor and teach reporters – 40%
– Plan news and long-term coverage – 10%
– Work closely with other newsroom disciplines including video, design, development – 10%
What do we need from you?
– 3-5 years of editorial news experience
– Track record of success in busy newsrooms
– Experience collaborating with other editors and reporters
– Strong communication skills – Experience covering or demonstrated passion for technology
– Ability to work in a fast-paced environment while juggling multiple priorities
– Facility to work across a complex global organization
– Bachelor Degree in communication, journalism, TV production, or related field preferred. In lieu of a degree, we would consider experience and on the job accomplishments.
– Strong news judgement
– Strong line editing and writing skills – Strong collaboration and communication skills
– Ability to mentor and teach reporters
– Demonstrated passion for breaking news
To apply, go here.