CNBC’s Make It seeks entrepreneurs reporter
CNBC Digital is looking to hire a talented writer to develop its entrepreneurship coverage under the NYC-based Make It brand. CNBC’s Make It is a fast-growing, consumer-friendly section of CNBC, devoted to aspirational content about entrepreneurship, leadership, careers, and money.
The Entrepreneurs Writer will be responsible for pitching and creating engaging content that inspires the curious reader. The ideal candidate will have strong reporting skills, as well as a knack for making complex subjects interesting and relatable.
Specific Responsibilities could include, but are not limited to:
• Generating story ideas, reporting, writing, and creating digital content.
• Collaborating with the digital video team to create informative and highly engaging videos.
• Helping grow the Make It brand and cultivating an engaged audience.
• Contributing to multi-platform news coverage when needed.
• Using social media to distribute and promote content.
• At least 3 years experience as a writer and/or reporter, including the ability to perform and multi-task under pressure.
• Previous experience or demonstrated interest in the entrepreneurs and small business beat.
• Must be highly motivated, extremely organized, detail-oriented, and possess outstanding communication and coordination skills.
• Proven ability to report and write accurately and clearly in a fast-paced, deadline-driven news environment.
• Previous editing experience preferred.
• Bachelor’s degree or equivalent
• Experience at large online content destination, such as a major online news site or financial newspaper.
• Passionate about digital storytelling and creating the best user experience online.
• Ongoing knowledge of and interest in the business world and financial news is preferred.