CNBC seeks writer/editor for Make It
CNBC Digital is looking to hire a talented writer and editor to develop its coverage under the new New York-based Make It brand.
Make It is a fast-growing, consumer-friendly section of CNBC, devoted to aspirational content about entrepreneurship, leadership, careers, and money.
Responsibilities could include, but are not limited to:
• Helping to develop CNBC Make It’s coverage, with the goal of driving audience growth
• Building a small team of both staffers and outside contributors to deliver compelling, fun and high-quality digital content
• Generating innovative story ideas, collaborating with and guiding writers, while also independently writing and reporting
• Identifying and building partnerships that strengthen coverage and brand value
• Collaborating with digital video team to create informative and highly engaging videos
• Experience as a writer and/or editor, including the ability to perform in a high-volume, deadline-oriented environment.
• Demonstrated organizational skills, attention to detail, and outstanding communication skills.
• Proven ability to accurately and clearly edit and write in a fast-paced news environment.
• Bachelor’s degree
• Experience at large online content destination, such as a major online news site or financial newspaper.
• Passionate about digital storytelling and creating the best user experience online, with proven experience in a creative environment.
• Ongoing knowledge of and interest in the business world and financial news is preferred.
• The ideal candidate is a story-telling entrepreneur in his/her own right–someone who is excited about the success of a new enterprise, and curious about the world
• This individual will see story ideas in the unexpected, and can’t wait to bring them back to the team.
To apply, go here.