CNBC seeks tech reporters for website
CNBC is seeking technology reporters to expand and improve our coverage of the technology industry for CNBC Digital.
• Help make CNBC Digital the top-read and most-respected source of tech industry news.
• Break news about the people and companies on your beat.
• Write smart next-minute and longer-term analysis about the people and companies on your beat.
• Pitch and write features focusing on great human stories in the tech industry.
Beats are somewhat fluid, but will include Big 5 tech companies, B2B/enterprise, VC and innovation, Silicon Valley culture.
• Significant experience covering tech news, ideally in a digital-first setting. While at least 3 years of relevant experience is preferred, a wide range of professional levels will be considered.
• Strong sources within the tech industry.
• Demonstrated ability to write clean copy quickly.
• Business finance experience – must be familiar with balance sheets, S-1 filings, etc.
• Interested candidate must submit a resume/CV through www.nbcunicareers.com to be considered.
• Must be willing to work in San Francisco (preferred) or Englewood Cliffs, NJ.
• Demonstrated ability to break news.
• A body of writing that demonstrates knowledge of your desired beat area.
• Strong critical thinker.
• Experience using FOIAs, court documents, and other public sources.
• Calm under pressure in a fast-paced, digital news environment.
• Team player, must cooperate and coordinate with journalists, editors, and producers from all parts of CNBC.
• TV appearance experiences a plus.
To apply, go here.