CNBC seeks tech reporter to cover social media companies
CNBC is seeking a technology teporter to expand and improve our coverage of Facebook, Twitter, Snap, communications platforms and apps, and related subjects, including privacy and Silicon Valley culture.
Responsibilities could include, but are not limited to:
- Help make CNBC Digital the top-read and most-respected source of tech industry news.
- Break news about the people and companies on your beat.
- Write smart next-minute and longer-term analysis about the people and companies on your beat.
- Pitch and write features focusing on great human stories in the tech industry.
- Chip in on fast-breaking news.
• At least 3 years of experience covering tech news, ideally in a digital-first setting.
• Associate, Bachelor’s degree completed, or equivalent experience
• Strong sources in or close to the companies in your beat area.
• Demonstrated ability to write clean copy fast.
• Business finance experience – must be familiar with balance sheets, S-1 filings, etc.
Additional Job Requirements
• Interested candidate must submit a resume/CV through www.nbcunicareers.com to be considered.
• Must be willing to work in San Francisco (preferred) or Englewood Cliffs, NJ.
• Demonstrated ability to break news.
• A body of writing that demonstrates knowledge of your desired beat area.
• Strong critical thinker.
• Experience using FOIAs, court documents, and other public sources.
• Desire to work in a fast-paced digital news environment.
• Team player, must cooperate and coordinate with journalists, editors, and producers from all parts of CNBC.
• TV appearance experience a plus.
To apply, go here.