CNBC seeks senior editor for leadership for Make It
CNBC Digital is looking to hire a talented Senior Editor to develop its leadership coverage under its new NYC-based Make It website. Make It is a fast-growing, consumer-friendly vertical of CNBC, devoted to aspirational content about entrepreneurship, leadership, careers, money and lifestyle.
Responsibilities could include, but are not limited to:
• Developing a vision for CNBC’s leadership coverage. Generating compelling, insightful, & high-quality story ideas, collaborating with and guiding writers, editors and contributors (including on-air talent and guests).
• Identifying and building partnerships that strengthen coverage.
• Coordinating with digital video teams and TV news and primetime staffs on planning and publishing schedules.
• Coordinating with the social media team to actively manage engagement and distribution over social media networks.
• Editing and formatting copy, including the addition of graphical elements, videos and polls and other multi-media elements to maximize engagement.
• Promoting CNBC content within the network and the broader digital audiences to maximize visibility on internal and external distribution platforms.
• At least 10 years of experience as a writer and/or editor, including the ability to edit and write accurately and clearly in a fast-paced, high-volume digital news environment
• Must demonstrate organizational skills, attention to detail, and possess outstanding communication skills.
• Bachelor’s degree
• Experience at a large online content destination, such as a major online news site or financial newspaper.
• Web production experience a strong plus.
• Passionate about digital storytelling and creating the best user experience online, with proven experience in a creative environment.
• Knowledge of television production process helpful.
• Solid understanding of web standards, design and usability.
• Ongoing knowledge of and interest in the business world and financial news is preferred.
To apply, go here.