CNBC seeks an Alphabet and Silicon Valley tech culture reporter
CNBC is seeking a Technology Reporter to expand and improve our coverage of Alphabet and Silicon Valley tech culture.
- Break news about Alphabet, including stories about the business, culture, and people.
- Write smart next-minute and longer-term analysis about Alphabet’s business.
- Pitch and write features focusing on great human stories in and around Alphabet and Silicon Valley culture at large.
- Chip in on fast-breaking news as needed.
• At least 3 years of experience covering tech or business news, ideally in a digital-first setting.
• Sources in or close to Alphabet and its diverse businesses, possibly including advertising, media, hardware, and venture.
• Demonstrated ability to write clean copy fast.
• Business finance experience – must be familiar with balance sheets, S-1 filings, etc.
Additional Job Requirements
• Interested candidate must submit a resume/CV through www.nbcunicareers.com to be considered.
• Must be willing to work in San Francisco (preferred) or Englewood Cliffs, NJ.
• Demonstrated ability to break news.
• A body of writing that demonstrates knowledge of your desired beat area.
• Strong critical thinker.
• Experience using FOIAs, court documents, and other public sources.
• Desire to work in a fast-paced digital news environment.
• Team player, must cooperate and coordinate with journalists, editors, and producers from all parts of CNBC.
• TV appearance experience a plus.
To apply, go here.