CNBC seeks a producer for “Squawk Box”
The “Squawk Box” producer will book top-caliber guests and produce related segments for CNBC’s flagship morning program.
Responsibilities could include, but are not limited to:
• Developing and producing live and taped guest segments
• Generating original content ideas daily, tapping into a broad array of sources
• Identifying and booking compelling guests
• Conducting pre-interviews of guests and arranging for any necessary travel
• Writing compelling copy and teases
• Securing elements such as sound bites and video to support segments
• Partnering with other departments as needed (Graphics, Tech Ops, Satellite Operations)
• Developing and maintaining good relationships with news sources
• Assisting Line Producers in the production of the show
• At least 3 years of experience booking and segment producing in a live television environment, with demonstrated writing, research and communication skills
• Associate, Bachelors degree, or equivalent experience
• Exemplary editorial judgment
• Successful candidates will be self-starters with superior contacts who can work effectively and creatively under daily deadline pressure
• Excellent interpersonal skills, combined with a strong sense of how to visually tell a compelling story
• Willingness to accommodate a demanding production schedule and flexibility to work weekends and some holidays when and as required
• Must be willing to work in Englewood Cliffs, NJ—perks include free shuttle, free gym, dry cleaning/shoe shine services, full-service cafeteria, food trucks, and more!
• Strong understanding of the markets and prior experience at a financial news network is a plus
To apply, go here.