CNBC Make It seeks a leadership editor
CNBC Digital is looking to hire a talented editor to develop its leadership coverage under its new NYC-based Make It website. Make It is a fast-growing, consumer-friendly vertical of CNBC, devoted to aspirational content about entrepreneurship, leadership, careers, money and lifestyle.
Responsibilities could include, but are not limited to:
• Overseeing and developing CNBC Make It’s leadership coverage.
• Working with staff reporters and outside contributors to deliver compelling, insightful and high-quality digital content.
• Generating innovative story and series ideas, and executing on existing franchises.
• Identifying and building partnerships that strengthen coverage.
• Collaborating with Make It’s digital video team to create informative and highly engaging videos.
- At least 5 years experience as a writer and/or editor, including the ability to perform in a high-volume, deadline-oriented environment.
• Demonstrated organizational skills, attention to detail, and outstanding communication skills.
• Proven ability to accurately and clearly edit and write in a fast-paced news environment.
- Bachelor’s degree
• Experience at large online content destination, such as a major online news site or financial newspaper.
• Passionate about digital storytelling and creating the best user experience online, with proven experience in a creative environment.
• Ongoing knowledge of and interest in the business world and financial news is preferred.
• The ideal candidate is a storytelling entrepreneur in his/her own right–someone who is excited about the success of a new enterprise, and curious about the world.
• This individual will see story ideas in the unexpected, and can’t wait to bring them back to the team.
To apply, go here.