CNBC is seeking a retail reporter
CNBC is looking for a Retail Reporter to break news and stay on top of developing trends in the retail industry.
The ideal candidate will be passionate about retail, with a strong list of contacts, and a sophisticated appreciation for news and topics of interest to both high-end investors and regular consumers interested in business and market news. A self-starter, this reporter will relish the challenge of rethinking and expanding our current retail coverage, extending beyond the daily news cycle to offer insightful analysis that will prove indispensable to our audience.
The Retail Reporter will work closely with other reporters covering consumer-facing industries such as restaurants, autos, and packaged consumer goods, and collaborate from time to time with CNBC’s video producers, television shows and program departments to conceptualize and guide development of a full range of content.
Candidates should have at least five years’ experience covering business and financial news, with at least a portion of that in the retail sector. Knowledge of web publishing is a must, as is an ability to handle deadline pressure and a fast-paced environment. Experience working in multiple media formats is a major plus.
Daily tasks may include the following:
• Break news about the people and companies in the retail industry.
• Generate story ideas for same-day analysis and longer-term features that explore the people and important trends in the industry.
• Create clean, well-written copy, sometimes with the addition of graphical elements, videos and other multimedia elements to maximize engagement.
• Coordinate with digital team, TV news staff and freelancers and contributors on planning and publishing schedules.
• Coordinate with social media team to actively manage engagement and distribution over social media networks.
• Promote CNBC content within the network and the broader digital audiences to maximize visibility on internal and external distribution platforms.
• Contribute to multi-platform news coverage when needed.
• Other duties and responsibilities as required.
To apply, go here.