CNBC.com seeks personal finance reporter
CNBC Digital is looking for an experienced and creative personal finance writer to join a team of professionals delivering deep-dive, high quality news and insight on personal finance.
In this role, the successful candidate will report and write stories that inspire and guide readers through the major financial concerns of their lives—from saving and planning for retirement, paying for college, maximizing Social Security and Medicare, understanding credit and debt, managing their portfolios, advancing in their careers and more.
The ideal candidate will be passionate about storytelling. A self-starter, this writer will relish the challenge of rethinking and expanding personal finance coverage—both on CNBC.com and for distribution to our many partner sites.
This writer will have at least seven years’ experience covering business and financial news. Knowledge of web publishing and the ability to handle deadline pressure is preferred. Experience working in multiple media formats is a plus.
Specific responsibilities could include, but are not limited to:
• Generate story ideas, and collaborate with team members, including on-air talent.
• Write and format copy, including the addition of graphical elements, videos and polls and other multi-media elements to maximize engagement.
• Promote CNBC content within the network and the broader digital audience to maximize visibility on internal and external distribution platforms.
• Contribute to multi-platform news coverage when needed.
• Other duties and responsibilities as required.
• 7+ years’ experience as a writer and/or editor including the ability to perform in a high-volume, multi-task/deadline oriented environment.
• Must be highly motivated, extremely organized, detail-oriented, and possess outstanding communication and coordination skills.
• Proven ability to write accurately and clearly in a fast-paced news environment.
• Must be able to meet deadlines and possess good presentation skills.
• Must be willing to work in Englewood Cliffs, NJ—perks include free shuttle, free gym, dry cleaning/shoe shine services, full-service cafeteria, food trucks, and more!
To apply, go here.