CNBC.com seeks deputy digital news editor in London
The Deputy Digital News Editor works at the heart of the editorial team updating the global site, covering stories, market updates, features and online video, all within tight deadlines.
• Act as a hotseat for CNBC.com updating the site in a timely manner using strong editorial judgement and knowledge of business and financial news
• Copy edit stories, slideshows and video captions with accuracy on a tight deadline
• Write stories on a variety of subjects including financial markets, business trends, economy and economic policy
• Ensure the smooth running of the website, including updating of main European and Asian pages with headlines and breaking news
• Curate the website by selecting stories from wires and partners
• Produce stories in the content management system in a fast and timely manner
• Assign work to other writers and coordinate production to ensure website is updated at all times
• Add value to CNBC.com stories by incorporating video, story links, slideshows, graphics etc.
• Remain in close communication with television producers to ensure co-ordination on stories
• Deputise for the Digital News Editor.
• Monitor the success of CNBC.com’s content using analytic tools.
• Ensure CNBC.com’s content is given the maximum exposure on social media such as Twitter
• In-depth knowledge of the content and subject material covered on CNBC and a strong interest in financial markets and economics
• Strong copy-editing skills under tight deadlines, especially the ability to spot mistakes, errors and typos
• Experience of commissioning and editing stories from reporters in a fast-paced news environment
• Enthusiasm for discovering and experimenting in new ways of digital storytelling
• Previous experience in updating a website, hotseating or hot-desking
• Understanding of global financial markets and how events in different economies and markets can affect each other
• Ability to multi-task and remain calm in a fast-paced news environment
• Ability to work in a team and across all departments and locations, ensuring a smooth running web site that is 100% accurate
• Excellent verbal communication skills, coupled with strong research and succinct writing skills.
• Demonstrated self-starter, with the confidence to make decisions quickly in a fast paced news environment.
• Demonstrated understanding of internet technologies, web design and production environments, video editing and video asset management tools
• Fluency in English
• Flexibility in working shifts, some of which start very early in the morning
To apply, go here.