CNBC.com seeks an associate producer
CNBC.com is seeking an enthusiastic Associate Producer to join our growing digital video team.
The Associate Producer will be a talented shooter and creative editor, has a passion for visual storytelling and business news, and thrives in a fast-paced news environment. The role includes pitching, creating and owning smart original projects, and working with other reporters and producers on their stories as well.
The ideal candidate has 1-2 years of experience editing videos for a digital news organization. He or she is a master of Adobe Premiere and Photoshop. Knowledge of After Effects is a plus.
Editorial judgment, writing and editing experience are paramount. The AP will be collaborating with reporters, producers and senior producers to craft sharp scripts and video content on tight deadlines. Candidates with a passion to explore and understand the world around them with a keen eye on stories that fit the CNBC brand will be successful in this role.
Here are some examples of videos our associate producers have worked on:
The fight against ‘fake meat’ has officially begun
The crypto craze is here to stay — now it’s even being taught in high school
Here’s what NASA’s $830 million lander to Mars looks like
• 1-2 years of experience with all aspects of digital video production including shooting, editing, lighting, and scripting
• Mastery of DSLR cameras (Canon, Sony, Panasonic), Adobe Premiere, and other industry standard equipment and tools
• Script and/or voice-over writing experience
• Knowledge of multimedia storytelling and working knowledge of online publishing systems
• Highly collaborative and creative attitude
• Demonstrable organizational and time management skills and working well under deadline pressure
• Must be able to lift, carry and transport production equipment on a regular basis
• A sample of the candidate’s work will be required *please provide links when applying*
• Strong interest in innovative video storytelling and strategic thinking around social media
• Ability and willingness to work non-traditional hours and travel
• Must be willing to work in Englewood Cliffs, NJ—perks include free shuttle, free gym, dry cleaning/shoe shine services, full-service cafeteria, food trucks, and more!
• Bachelor’s Degree completed, or comparable professional experience
• Skills in After Effects and Photoshop a plus
• Expertise in shooting with drones
• Interest in social media platforms is preferred
• Broad knowledge of current events, business, financial and technology news
Read more here.