CNBC.com seeks a general assignment reporter
CNBC is looking for a general-assignment reporter to expand and develop our digital coverage.
This reporter will handle quick-hitting, breaking news stories on various industries as well as work to develop more in-depth features and analysis.
The stories will include breaking news, quick turn stories on Wall Street calls and TV interviews, along with enterprise pieces on trends in the markets and investing. The reporter should have a strong writing background and experience writing about financial markets.
Responsibilities of the reporter could include, but are not limited to:
- Write quick, smart stories on breaking news.
- Cultivate sources with the goal of breaking news.
- Develop stories alone or in collaboration with other members of the newsroom.
- Collaborate with digital team (including video and social media) and television news staff.
• Experience as a writer and/or editor including the ability to perform in a high-volume, deadline-oriented environment, ideally in a digital-first setting.
• Associate, Bachelors Degree, or equivalent experience
• Strong writing, reporting, social media and multimedia skills.
• Must be able to work a flexible schedule, including mornings, evenings, and/or weekends when necessary.
• Must be highly motivated, extremely organized and detail-oriented, and possess outstanding communication skills.
• Proven ability to edit and write accurately and clearly in a fast-paced news environment.
• A body of work that demonstrates writing abilities.
• Must be willing to work in Englewood Cliffs, NJ—perks include free shuttle, free gym, dry cleaning/shoe shine services, full-service cafeteria, food trucks, and more!
To apply, go here.