Cincinnati Enquirer seeks growth and development reporter
The Cincinnati Enquirer, part of the USA Today Network, is looking for a Growth and Development Reporter.
The Growth and Development Reporter who is a part of the Business Department of The Enquirer newsroom, uses mobile-friendly reporting approaches and presentation techniques to tell the story of both Greater Cincinnati’s commercial and residential real-estate markets and the importance of design in connecting local readers with public and private spaces and each other.
This reporter is a combination of a diligent beat reporter and thoughtful explanatory writer. The reporter must become a recognized authority on topics of real estate and design. He or she will have a deep understanding of the unique audience for this topic and build its loyalty through unique, noteworthy content.
This reporter will produce long-form, deeply researched journalism but will also break spot news from the beat, using social and mobile tools to expand a story’s reach. This reporter consults with an editor regularly but has great command of the topic and does not need constant supervision or heavy editing. This is a position of considerable independence.
- Authoritatively help readers understand a complex issue of importance to the community
- Use unique knowledge and social voice to engage with this topic’s audience. • Employ new tools and techniques to extend important stories to new audiences.
- Collaborate with other reporters on this topic across the USA TODAY Network.
- Other duties as assigned.
- Critical thinking
- 3-5 years of experienced covering business and government issues (planning, zoning, and commercial development)
- Ability to obtain information from records and high level sources
- Data skills preferred
To apply, go here.