Cheddar is hiring an editor in chief
Cheddar is looking for a creative, organized, and experienced journalist to lead our newsroom.
This candidate must be an experienced TV business news journalist with a distinct love of technology and media that borders on obsession. As the editor-in-chief it’s your job to drive the daily editorial coverage, assign stories and oversee a team of producers, writers and anchors.
The editor-in-chief is focused primarily on LIVE TV but is also involved in editing the daily newsletter, working with social teams and other content initiatives across the company. The editor-in-chief will work closely with the vice president of content on planning and organization and under the supervision of the chief content officer.
- Manage daily editorial operations for the linear channel
- Plan short and long-term editorial strategy
- Manage and develop team of anchors
- Work closely with the Partnerships team to execute branded segments and programs that fit Cheddar’s editorial objectives
- Allocate and budget resources to achieve editorial goals
- Oversee LA and DC bureaus
- Partner with product, research and growth and social teams to align editorial goals across all platforms
- Minimum 8 years’ experience in TV or digital newsrooms
- Minimum 4 years’ experience supervising editorial teams
- Strong news judgment with an expertise in understanding business and technology news
- Track record of being a creative thinker able to develop and execute new concepts
- Demonstrable expertise in setting vision and strategy and motivating teams to achieve results
- Superior attention to detail
- Direct and clear communicator
- Excellent writing, editing, & organizational skills
- Excellent understanding of linear and non-linear video production
To apply, go here.