Business North Carolina seeks assistant editor
Business North Carolina, an award-winning regional business magazine and internet publisher based in Charlotte, is searching for an assistant editor. The magazine publishes profiles and in-depth features that describe the state’s key business trends and issues. The magazine has served the state for more than 36 years.
The ideal candidate is a detailed-oriented, critical thinking, team player who wants to improve the publication every month and make an impact, while building experience in publishing.
Basics of the job:
- Edit and write front-of-book items.
- Generate story ideas.
- Work with staff in developing art concepts for covers, layouts.
- Work with editor on long-range planning and website improvements.
- A four-year degree in journalism, English, communications or a related field.
- Two years journalism experience, including editing work.
- An eye for accuracy, detail, style and tone.
- Excellent reporting skills.
- Social media skills
- A positive, flexible attitude.
- Curiosity and energy.
Business North Carolina is affiliated with The Pilot of Southern Pines, N.C., regularly ranked among the nation’s best community newspapers, and three arts and culture magazines published in Greensboro, Southern Pines and Wilmington, N.C.
To apply, send clips, resume and a cover letter to editor David Mildenberg at firstname.lastname@example.org.