BostInno seeks a reporter
BostInno is a digital media and events company focused on local startups, technology and innovation founded in 2008. (BostInno will be part of the American Inno network, which currently has presence in Chicago, DC, Austin, Minneapolis, Cincinnati and Rhode Island).
We are looking for a full-time writer to serve as an editorial anchor of BostInno. The Inno writer will contribute 6-8 pieces of original editorial a week (profiles, guides, news, and more), as well as publish our daily newsletter, The Beat. The Inno writer will also manage BostInno’s social channels, distributing all created and sourced content and taking ownership of growing its audience and readership.
Inno, in all of our markets, is a champion of local innovation and we’re looking for a writer who is equally passionate about helping strengthen and build the community through original, authoritative, and engaging editorial and reporting. (Inno is also active in our tech and startup communities and our writers are at meetups, participating in panels and attending networking events).
Inno is owned by the American City Business Journals, which owns 40+ business papers across the country, including the Boston Business Journal.
An Inno Writer:
- Works hard and smart and respects their coworkers.
- Writes with authority and voice on the subject(s) he/she is covering in a fresh and engaging way, resonating with a young professional audience.
- Thinks creatively, developing original stories that increase our readership and improve our reputation.
- Engages readers on all relevant media, including video, email and photo, and is eager to experiment with new media as they arise. (An Inno writer wants to tell stories across multiple mediums.
- Is self-motivated and can identify, craft and distribute stories independently. Building a new local digital media property is an exciting opportunity that requires a individual that’s invested in its growth.
- Communicates well internally, ensuring the Inno editorial team is always up to date.
- Connects with people, cultivating relationships with sources who provide inside information and perspective.
- Earns readers’ trust with accuracy, timeliness and creativity.
- Understands the power of social media and is capable of using it to maximum benefit.
- Will work to become a part of the Atlanta tech community.
Success is Measured Using Three KPIs:
- Individual contribution to readership growth and authority: managers will set individual goals that are both quantitative and qualitative in nature.
- Collective goals for other media, including growth and engagement goals in newsletter, social media, and video.
- Volume of original stories.
Please send a paragraph or two to Will Flanagan (firstname.lastname@example.org), head of product and editorial for American Inno, about why you think you’re the right fit for the position. We’re looking to fill this position asap.