Bond Buyer seeks a reporter in San Diego
The Bond Buyer, the primary source of news and analysis of the $3.7 trillion municipal bond market, is looking for an energetic and aggressive reporter to cover its Far West region.
The focus will be on state and local governments and municipal bond market firms in the nine-state region.
This is an important beat, which includes coverage of the state (California) that issues the most municipal debt at a time when tax reform proposals have raised serious questions about the future of the municipal bond industry.
This position is a work-from-home position based in the region, ideally but not necessarily in California, which generates a large share of industry news and has a large subscriber base.
The reporter should be comfortable writing about business and government for a beat where the two fields intersect.
The reporter should be a self-starter, capable of generating breaking news and enterprise stories, as well as interviews and profiles, that will be posted on the brand’s website and in its print edition.
- Excellent writing, reporting and news management skills
- Ability to work independently and multi-task on a constant basis
- Familiarity with web publishing and content management systems
- Bachelor’s degree in Journalism or similar
- Three or more years of full-time experience on an online or print publication
- Coverage of a business beat, the financial markets, and state and local budget issues is a plus.
We offer a competitive compensation and benefits package, including medical, dental, and vision coverage; disability and life insurance; paid time off; a 401(k) plan; a pre-tax transportation payment program; and subsidized health club membership.
For consideration, please submit a cover letter, resume and at least three clips of your work online.
To apply, go here.