Bloomberg TV/Radio seeks assignment desk editor in San Fran
Bloomberg Television/Radio is seeking a highly motivated, hard-working news editor to join the U.S. News Desk.
Working across latter end of our U.S. broadcast day, this is a pivotal role in the newsroom, requiring a collaborative attitude and global perspective.
The successful applicant will be passionate about business and financial news, demonstrate excellent editorial judgment, organizational and communication skills and have keen attention to detail.
We’ll trust you to:
- React to breaking news, allocating and reallocating resource as necessary.
- Be a strong editorial voice, providing guidance and support to our live TV and radio broadcasts across multiple regions.
- Communicate with global editorial, production staff, on-air talent and colleagues from across Bloomberg’s editorial platforms.
- Direct video editing and curate content to ensure we maximize the impact of our content around the world.
You’ll need to have:
- Bachelor’s degree or equivalent experience
- Recent and relevant live TV newsroom producing and editorial experience in business and financial news, including control room show elements
- Prior TV assignment desk experience strongly preferred
- Experience working in a real-time news environment
- Knowledge of financial markets and business news
- Strong editorial judgment and ability to work under deadline pressure
- Flexibility with hours
To apply, go here.