Bloomberg seeks stocks reporter in Toronto
Are you transfixed by the motion of markets? Excited by prospect of sitting at the nexus of politics, the economy and investing, with a free hand to shape and enact some of Bloomberg News’s most important and best-read coverage? Then consider applying for the position of Canadian stock market reporter.
Bloomberg is looking for someone with flair and speed who wants to jump in and cover the thousands of people and millions of decisions that make up one of the world’s biggest stock markets. Responsibilities are the day-to-day coverage of Canadian equities, finding and reporting on the companies and industries, investors and traders who determine the direction of this $2 trillion equity behemoth.
You’ll be tapping sources from investors to analysts and regulators for daily stories and longer-term enterprise, providing real-time coverage for the most demanding clientele in financial news. You’ll bring contacts in the equity space, knowledge of stock market fundamentals, strong writing skills and solid reporting experience.
You must have:
- Bachelor’s degree or equivalent experience.
- Strong work ethic; be a team player and ability to work in high-pressure environment.
- Deep understanding of the equities market.
- Strong writing skills and ability to make new contacts and develop sources.
- Knowledge of Bloomberg functions is a plus.
To apply, go here.