Bloomberg seeks FX/rates reporter
There’s no better place for investors to express their views about the vagaries of central bank policies or world politics than the $5 trillion-plus foreign exchange market.
If you’re fascinated by the interaction of major global currencies against each other and with other assets and you can provide perspective and build stories around G-10 currencies, particularly those most actively traded during North American hours, then we’re looking for you to join our FX/Rates team in New York.
We’ll rely on you to:
- Tap a broad network of market participants in the FX markets to seek instant reaction to breaking news and explain market activity or analyze trends
- Generate and craft concise, on-the-spot stories, capturing the elements of both “what’s happening” and “what it means,” as well as longer analytical pieces particularly in the context of macroeconomic and political developments and monetary and fiscal policy
- Rely on technical skills and knowledge of the mechanics of FX markets to identify and interpret trends and test your ideas
You’ll need to have:
- Broad contacts in the FX trading community and a good understanding of FX options markets.
- Experience reporting on these markets and/or in a comparable industry role (strategist/analyst/trader) is critical.
- Knowledge of Bloomberg functions, charting and technical analysis skills
- Market-specific knowledge and ability to immediately discern actionable information from breaking news.
- Strong writing skills and ability to make new contacts and develop sources
To apply, go here.