Bloomberg seeks foreign exchange reporter
Volatile times call for an understanding of complex derivatives and options products as a measure of markets’ fear and greed. If you can provide perspective and build stories around currency or interest rate derivatives, cross-asset volatility, rates swaps and futures, then we’re looking for you to join our FX/Rates team in New York or Chicago.
We’ll rely on you to:
- Tap a broad network of market participants in the FX or rates derivatives space to seek instant reaction to breaking news and explain market activity or analyze trends
- Generate and craft concise, on-the-spot stories, capturing the elements of both “what’s happening” and “what it means,” particularly in the context of macroeconomic and political developments and monetary and fiscal policy.
You’ll need to have:
- Broad contacts in the derivatives investor and trading community and a deep understanding of futures and other derivatives or FX options markets.
- Experience reporting on these markets and/or in a comparable industry role (strategist/analyst/trader) is critical.
- Knowledge of Bloomberg functions is a plus.
- Market-specific knowledge and ability to immediately discern actionable information from breaking news.
To apply, go here.