Bloomberg seeks enterprise tech reporter
by Chris Roush · November 16, 2017
Bloomberg News is one of the biggest and most influential news organizations in the world. Our Global Technology team leads the way in breaking news about the companies that are changing the world and the people who run them. We’re seeking an aggressive, creative reporter to cover enterprise hardware and software and the emerging technologies that are transforming the way businesses and their employees operate.
Who we’re looking for
You’re an experienced, agile reporter with a deep knowledge of the corporate hardware and software industry, and the many ways this business is being upended with the emergence of the cloud, mobile-first computing, artificial intelligence and automation. You are able to write quickly and crisply on the most pressing breaking news of the day, be it the release of a new product, a management overhaul or a transformative acquisition. You’re the type of person who has a knack for finding scoops and quickly coming up with original ideas and smart analysis on that news to keep our readers a step ahead of the market. You’re well versed in the complexities of the enterprise market and the delicate relationships between competitors who are often also partners. You feel comfortable covering not just a list of companies, but a paradigm shift in corporate computing. You have an eye for the stories no one else is telling on a broadly defined beat, and you’re versatile enough to write for a variety of platforms, including the web, Bloomberg terminal and Bloomberg Businessweek magazine.
We’ll trust you to:
- Break news and uncover exclusive information on your beat, including companies like Hewlett Packard Enterprise, HP Inc. and Dell Technologies; Oracle, Salesforce.com and Workday; Intuit and Adobe; and other corporate hardware and software companies of all sizes.
- Cover breaking news with speed and accuracy
- Write original, feature-length stories about the companies and culture of enterprise technology
- Lean on existing sources and develop new ones to generate intelligent, impactful news
- Collaborate with reporters and editors on the Global Technology team and others across teams and regions to expand our impact
- Be committed to the best journalistic practices, sound judgment and a willingness to learn
You’ll need to have:
- Minimum of three years of business and financial journalism experience
- An interest in the cloud, artificial intelligence, and the evolution of corporate computing and technology
- Experience working in a real-time news environment
- The ability to write quickly and concisely under deadline pressure
- Bachelor’s degree or equivalent experience
To apply, go here.