Bloomberg seeks editor for health team
Obamacare — and Donald Trump’s plans for it. Valeant Pharmaceuticals — one of the biggest company blow-ups in industry history. Theranos — from startup darling to scandal.
Bloomberg is seeking an editor to join the U.S. health team during a time of incredible change. You’ll help edit coverage of one of the biggest industries in the world, working on stories about business, medicine, science and politics, as well as the most personal aspects of people’s health and finances.
This is a fast-paced, high-volume job. You’ll be responsible for helping generate story ideas, editing copy, backreading the work of others and taking a proactive role in crafting our coverage. You’ll also need strong writing skills — and an ability to teach them to others — along with a deep understanding of how Bloomberg works and what its readers need.
- Thrive in a deadline-driven environment, getting energy from speed and pressure.
- Be willing to pitch in on stories small and large, from quickly chasing down stock movements to helping craft longer-term enterprise.
- Know how to turn a bucket of string from reporters into a well-written lede with sweep and context.
- Have a proven interest in health care and its intersection with business and policy.
- Be collaborative and enjoy working with reporters of varying levels of experience.
- Be a careful backreader who can spot errors of copy, fact and idea.
The job is based in New York.
To apply, go here.