Bloomberg seeks auto regulation reporter
Bloomberg News is looking for an enterprising reporter to cover automobile policymaking and regulation in Washington.
Do you have a record of breaking news and writing deeply reported enterprise stories under deadline pressure? If so, you’re the perfect person to join our top-flight team of veteran reporters and editors who follow the industry from Detroit to Berlin and Tokyo.
This is an important beat for Bloomberg, with responsibility for stories such as VW’s emissions-control scandal and the future of self-driving cars. Speed is of the essence as well as accuracy, flexibility and collegiality. Knowledge of the industry, and good contacts, is a plus. A desire to beat the competition is a must.
We’ll expect you to:
- Write enterprise stories with clarity and authority
- Cover breaking news with speed and accuracy
- See the forest as well as the trees
- Write for a range of platforms (Bloomberg terminal, online, Businessweek and other magazines) and appear on Bloomberg Radio and on BTV when requested
You’ll need to have:
- A bachelor’s degree or equivalent work experience
- At least three years of experience as a reporter
- The ability to write quickly, concisely and accurately under tight deadline pressure
- Experience working in a real-time news environment
To apply, go here.