Bloomberg seeks Asia consumer editor
What’s the role? Do you have a passion for consumer brands and trends, and an interest in tracking some of the world’s best-known companies as they expand in Asia? Are you a master weaver of narratives? Do you have excellent editing skills and speedy reflexes? If so, we want you to join our Asia Consumer team.
This position is preferably based in Beijing or Shanghai, but other Asia Pacific locations will be considered.
We’ll trust you to:
- Help steer coverage of Asia’s biggest consumer companies including Fast Retailing, Japan Tobacco, Midea and Kweichow Moutai, as well as the best-known global brands in this region
- Handle everything from breaking news to long-form narratives and analysis of corporate strategy
- Work closely with reporters and other teams across regions
- Help coach reporters and develop story ideas
You should have:
- Bachelor’s degree or equivalent experience
- Minimum of three years of experience editing or reporting, preferably business stories
- Ability to edit copies quickly and concisely on deadline, and to work gracefully in a time sensitive environment
- Knowledge of the economy, financial markets and business
Does this sound like you?
If so, apply today. If we believe you’re a match, we’ll get in touch with you soon about next steps.