Bloomberg seeks a corporate finance reporter in New York
The energy of a newsroom. The pace of a trading floor. We work hard and we work fast, moving markets and chronicling the rise and fall of the people who make them. We are known for our quality, accuracy and ability to deliver news investors can use. It’s what keeps us inventing and re-inventing, all the time.
You’d be part of a team that’s chronicling an unprecedented boom in corporate debt, the wealth it’s creating and the challenges it will pose as the Federal Reserve withdraws from a decade of easy-money policies. You’ll focus on the riskiest corporate borrowers and the leveraged finance bankers and financial sponsors that help them lever up. The job includes cultivating sources to break news, and then using your story-telling skills to analyze and explain the importance of this market to a broad audience.
We’re passionate about breaking news and writing stories that set the agenda, and we want reporters who are just as comfortable taking the lead on a story as they are collaborating with teammates. You’d be based in a New York office that serves as the headquarters to one of the smartest and boldest media organizations in the world.
We’ll trust you to:
- Break news in the U.S. leveraged finance market and about the companies that rely on it.
- Lean on existing sources and develop new ones to generate intelligent, high-impact, market-moving scoops
- Talk about your stories on Bloomberg TV, Bloomberg Radio and other channels within our expanding organization.
- Analyze industry data
- Cover the beat with speed and accuracy
- Write insightful, thought-provoking features that add value
- Collaborate with colleagues across our more than 120 bureaus globally.
You’ll need to have:
- A minimum of three years in journalism with a focus on credit markets or corporate finance, or five years in business journalism with a proven track record for breaking news on beat coverage of a company or industry
- Experience with real-time news
- Ability to write quickly and clearly under deadline pressure
- Ability to generate exclusive, breaking news as well as informative feature stories
- A bachelor’s degree or equivalent experience
To apply, go here.