Bloomberg BNA seeks telecom/technology reporter
Bloomberg BNA seeks a reporter to cover telecommunications and technology.
Employees of this classification perform the following, as assigned:
- Cover assigned beat, including issues at the intersection of telecommunications, technology and the law
- Develop and maintain sources in the government and private sector.
- Originate, propose, and develop story ideas.
- Consistently break news and deliver high-impact news and analytical stories for Bloomberg BNA and other Bloomberg platforms
- File breaking news alerts
- Propose and help develop graphics, charts, and other visual story elements.
- Remain current on issues and developments related to assigned beat(s) and publication
- Write or contribute to daily morning email newsletter.
- Coordinate activities with other BBNA reporters and editors who cover related beats
- Participate in video and podcast interviews.
- Stay abreast of and effectively use electronic resources and other tools to perform the job effectively
- Participate in media interviews and industry events as a Bloomberg BNA representative.
- Participate in special projects and perform other duties as assigned.
2 years’ experience in journalism; demonstrated ability to report and write news stories and features under deadline; working knowledge of journalism principles and techniques; knowledge of federal and state legislative, regulatory, and judicial processes; ability to attend outside meetings, hearings, news events, etc., and to report on them clearly and accurately; proficiency in MS Office; ability to use BBNA publishing tools and other technology effectively with BBNA training; excellent proofreading skills;; bachelor’s degree with coursework in English or journalism, telecommunications or technology reporting experience and multimedia experience preferred. Candidates are required to pass a test for this position.
To apply, go here.