Bloomberg BNA seeks junior reporter
Bloomberg BNA seeks a Junior Reporter to perform general assignment and Labor Relations beat reporting and write in-depth analytical pieces under supervision.
- Develop and cover assigned Labor Relations beat(s)
- Develop proposes and maintains sources in the government and private sector
- Originate and develop story ideas, report, research, and write these news stories and features (including complex and/or analytical pieces) for assigned publications(s)
- File breaking news alerts
- Remain current on issues and developments related to assigned beat(s) and publication
- Coordinate activities with other BBNA reporters and editors who cover related beats
- May edit material written by other staff members and from other BBNA publications for inclusion in publication(s) of assigned unit
- Participate in production of unit’s publication(s)
- Participate in special projects and perform other duties as assigned
1+ year experience in journalism; ability to report and write news stories and features under deadline; basic knowledge of journalism principles and techniques; knowledge of federal and state legislative, regulatory, and judicial processes; ability to attend outside meetings, hearings, news events, etc., and to report on them clearly and accurately; proficient in MS Office; ability to use BBNA publishing system effectively with training; and excellent proofreading skills. Bachelor’s with coursework in English or journalism preferred. Experience related to subject matter covered by publication is desired.
To apply, go here.